Tickets are Available Now for Governor's Celebration of Innovation, Arizona's Premier Technology Industry Event
PHOENIX - Oct. 12, 2022 - PRLog -- Honoring the organizations and individuals that fuel Arizona's high-performance and fast-growing technology, science and education landscape, the Arizona Technology Council and the Arizona Commerce Authority have announced individual winners and company award finalists for the 2022 Governor's Celebration of Innovation (GCOI). The company award winners will be announced at the annual event on Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 4:00 to 8:30 p.m. at the Phoenix Convention Center, 100 N. Third St., West Building, Third Floor.
"This year marks the 19th annual Governor's Celebration of Innovation and I am once again amazed at the high level of innovation and leadership shown by organizations and individuals within our state," said Steven G. Zylstra, president and CEO of the Arizona Technology Council and SciTech Institute. "Though our judges can only select one winner per category, each finalist is deserving of the top spot and the quality of applications is a testament to the strength of Arizona's thriving innovation ecosystem."
"The winners and company finalists for this year's Governor's Celebration of Innovation demonstrate Arizona's unmatched technology talent," said Sandra Watson, president and CEO of the Arizona Commerce Authority. "These innovators are focused on the future and are advancing next-generation technologies right here in Arizona. Congratulations to the 2022 winners and finalists!"
Arizona's most prestigious business leaders will celebrate the state's technology innovation and leadership during GCOI, which will include networking, a strolling dinner, a technology showcase and a theatre-style awards program. Tickets are on sale now at https://www.aztechcouncil.org/event/gcoi2022/.
The individual GCOI Award winners are:
People's Choice AccountabilIT Lifetime Achievement Award Winner:
- Cecilia Mata, owner & president of AllSource Global Management, Sierra Vista
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) team - Sandra Watson, president and CEO of Arizona Commerce Authority; Chris Camacho, president and CEO of Greater Phoenix Economic Council; and Christine Mackay, community and economic development director at City of Phoenix
- Marcus Engineering, LLC, Tucson
Innovator of the Year - Academia:
- Dr. Hong Hua, James C. Wyant College of Optical Sciences, The University of Arizona
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College and Estrella Mountain Community College
- Cybersecurity Lab and School of Informatics, Computing and Cyber Systems, Northern Arizona University
- Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University
- Honeywell Aerospace, Phoenix
- Viasat, Tempe
- IBM, Tucson
- Lectric eBikes, Phoenix
- AccountabilIT, Phoenix
- Avertium, Phoenix
- The TouchPoint Solution, Phoenix
- Sylvan Source, Green Valley
- AlgoFace, Carefree
- Atlis Motor Vehicles, Mesa
- YellowBird, Phoenix
- Botco.ai, Scottsdal
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Phoenix
- Paragon Space Development Corporation, Tucson
- GitKraken, Scottsdale
- Chuck Vermillion, CEO, AccountabilIT
- Keith Latchaw, president & CEO, MSS Business Transformation Advisory
- Doug Hockstad, assistant vice president, Tech Launch Arizona, The University of Arizona
- James Goulka, chairman and managing director, Arizona Tech Investors
- Eric Miller, principal and co-founder, PADT, Inc.
- Nick Nolcheff, technology fellow, Compression Systems, Honeywell Aerospace
The Future Innovators of the Year award winners, honoring students who represent the future innovators of Arizona's technology industry, as well as the teachers who inspire them, were announced in a separate press release on Sept. 16. The release can be found on the Council's website here.
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - Individual Winners and Company Finalists for the 2022 GCOI Awards Announced by Arizona Technology Council and Arizona Commerce Authority | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog