The Group of Leaders is Calling on Congress to Come Together on a Clean Energy Investment Package to Grow Arizona's Economy
PHOENIX - May 17, 2022 - PRLog -- The Arizona Technology Council, along with local technology leaders, met with Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema on May 13 for an engaging clean-energy business roundtable at the senator's office in central Phoenix. The group discussed clean-energy investments that could provide billions in funding for energy efficiency and create nearly 70,000 Arizona jobs over the next five years while contributing $4.5 billion to the state's GDP.
Leaders present at the roundtable included:
- Michael Boike, head of Arizona operations/senior director of manufacturing, Lucid Motors
- Mark Hanchett, CEO, Atlis Motor Vehicles
- Jim Maury, co-founder & president, Zero Electric Vehicles
- Kevin Pavlov, CEO, ElectraMeccanica
- Seema Phull, COO, KORE Power
- Britton Worthen, chief legal officer, Nikola Corporation
- Mark Ziencina, director of business development, Bosch Rexroth
- Steven Zylstra, president & CEO, Arizona Technology Council
"Because of the state's growing concentration of electric vehicle and lithium-ion battery manufacturing companies, Arizona is steadily proving its ability to lead the nation in developing clean-energy technology solutions that benefit our economy," Zylstra said. "We now have the opportunity to accelerate energy innovation even further, and collectively call on Congress to act on a clean-energy investment package. We could not achieve this without Sen. Sinema's bipartisan leadership and commitment to enacting these historic investments."
The group has asked congressional leaders to reach an agreement quickly on clean-energy investments as either standalone legislation or as part of the budget/reconciliation process. These investments would include:
- Clean-energy tax credits for electric transmission
- Incentives and investments in domestic clean-energy supply chains, advanced manufacturing and government procurement
- Electric vehicle and charging infrastructure tax credits
- Residential solar and energy-efficiency incentives and investments
- Dedicated funding for high-speed rail to build the necessary rail lines across the West for growing U.S. cities
- Rural development and resiliency investments in climate-smart agriculture and forestry
Congress has an opportunity to expand Arizona's economic base while addressing an issue that cannot wait. The clean energy package would amount to the single largest investment made by any nation to tackle climate change, transition to a clean-energy future, lessen reliance on foreign fossil fuels and bolster domestic supply chains.
About the Arizona Technology Council
The Arizona Technology Council is Arizona's premier trade association for science and technology companies. Recognized as having a diverse professional business community, Council members work towards furthering the advancement of technology in Arizona through leadership, education, legislation and social action. The Council offers numerous events, educational forums and business conferences that bring together leaders, visionaries and community members to make an impact on the technology industry. These interactions contribute to the Council's culture of growing member businesses and transforming technology in Arizona. To become a member or to learn more about the Arizona Technology Council, please visit www.aztechcouncil.org.
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - Arizona Technology Council and Local Technology Leaders Meet with Senator Kyrsten Sinema for Clean-Energy Business Roundtable | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog